The holiday season is nearing, and the world seems all aglow with twinkling lights. We are ready to celebrate His birth, family, and friends, and share the gift of love with one another. And of course, there are the ever-present delicious holiday snacks, cookies, and foods. This time of year can be both joyous and challenging, especially if you’re adjusting or maintaining your excellent raw food diet amid friends and family who may not be.
This season, don’t struggle with being left out from good food and good memories. There are so many fantastic raw food vegetarian Christmas recipes that you can make that not only will you love, your friends and loved ones will too! Let’s get festive with these nutritious and delicious raw food holiday recipes!
Raw Vegan Egg Nog
Delicious, warming, smooth, and sweet but without eggs, the unhealthy refined sugar or dairy? Yes! Here’s how you can make this traditional Christmas drink to enjoy this holiday season.
- 1 cup pecans
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make Raw Vegan Egg Nog:
- If you wish to have a warm egg nog drink, use hot water.
- Pour all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- If you like thinner egg nog, add more water. If you enjoy thicker egg nog, add more dates or pecans.
- Pour into a cup and garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Pistachio Avocado Dip
If your holiday dinners or family gatherings tend to lean toward finger foods and snacking instead of a meal, why not wow them with this savory dip? Not only is it hearty and good for you, but it can also be whipped up in about 15 minutes and served with your favorite snacking veggies.
Pistachio Avocado Dip Ingredients:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- 1 small spring onion stalk, finely sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh herbs of your choice, finely chopped. (Such as sage, oregano, and mint, for example)
- 4 tablespoons of pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of fresh lime, to taste
- Cold-pressed oil, to taste
- Black pepper and Himalayan crystal salt or natural sea salt to taste
How to make Pistachio Avocado Dip:
- Chop the avocado, pear, spring onion, herbs, and pistachios.
- Into a mixing bowl, combine just the pear, spring onion, pistachios, and herbs. Add lime juice, lime zest, cold press oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Add the avocado and stir again.
- Taste and adjust herbs or flavorings as needed.
- Serve with your favorite raw vegetable sticks.
Festive Beetroot soup
This creamy, cool, or room-temp soup is a refreshing and festive meal with the deep red of beets, and the fresh green of herbs is an excellent appetizer or meal itself.
- 1 cup of water. If you prefer a thinner soup, add more to the preferred consistency
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small apple, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ small cucumber, peeled
- 1 large tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large tablespoon Shiro miso
- 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onion
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ ripe avocado pitted
- Fresh dill or preferred green herbs.
- Seeds of choice
- A scoop of unsweetened plant-based yogurt or a drizzle of cold-pressed nut oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make Festive Beetroot Soup
- Combine water, beetroot, apple, lemon juice, cucumber, miso, onion, salt, and pepper into a blender. Blend until the mix is smooth.
- Add the avocado and blend again until no lumps.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed and blend one more time if adjusting.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with toppings of your choice.
Cheese Cauli Popcorn
No need to cook! With the right spices and a handy dehydrator, you’ll have a bowl of cheesy, zesty, snackable popcorn that will have even the stoutest of potato chip lovers will love! This recipe is originally for 1 large cup of popcorn, feel free to double or triple it for guests!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- ½ tablespoon cold-pressed nut oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large pinches of turmeric
- 1 large pinch of chili powder
• Optional: 5 drops of liquid non-sugar sweetener, or 1 teaspoon of date paste
• Optional: 2 tablespoons extra nutritional yeast
How to Make:
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine lemon juice, nutritional yeast, oil, paprika, salt, turmeric, chili powder, and sweetener if using into a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Add cauliflower pieces and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Place cauliflower pieces into a lined dehydrator tray and sprinkle with the extra 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast for an even cheesier flavor.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 8 hours or longer, until the cauliflower comes out crispy.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
Other Raw Food Vegan Christmas Recipe Suggestions
- Raw raspberry bars. A crumbly shortbread made from cashews, shredded coconut, and a pinch of salt will melt in your mouth with the sweetness of raspberry jam made from raw raspberries and date paste.
- Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe combines tahini, as raw peanuts are a no-go, and tahini grants that nutty, peanut flavor. Chunky pieces of almonds add texture, and cacao nibs are perfect for chocolate chips.
- Raw Lemon cookies. Cashews, unsweetened dried coconut, lemon juice, and agave nectar or maple syrup, and a dehydrator are all you need to create a melt-in-your-mouth lemony, sweet and delicious cookie.
When you eat clean, pure food made the way God intended; you’re eating a bounty of food filled with living enzymes packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help your body heal. This Christmas, even if it’s your first one going on a complete raw food diet, don’t panic! With some of these festive recipes and more, you’ll be munching away on marvelous, fresh, non-GMO, non processed, organic treats without being tempted this year by toxic, processed, questionable foods.